MPS respects the privacy of your personal information. Any personal information voluntarily provided by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of the Website will be used for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access or use a service on the Website (e.g. your name and your credit card details for the purpose of completing the appointment bookings you conduct on the Website);
- to identify you when you access and use the Website in order for you to enjoy a personalised experience;
- to update MPS’ records, and advise you of any products or services which may be of interest to you; and
MPS will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, unauthorised use, disclosure or modification, and to ensure the integrity of your personal information. To help MPS protect your privacy, you must always maintain the secrecy of your membership user ID and password that you may have set up in connection with your use of the Website.
Your personal information will not be disclosed to any third party without your prior consent or unless MPS is under a legal obligation to do so, except for disclosure to the following individuals or entities which you agree to:
- other companies within the MPS group of companies;
- government authorities or regulators; and
- MPS’ professional advisers (including its lawyers, accountants and auditors), business alliance partners, and third party service providers (including those who provide payment, administrative or other services to MPS in connection with the operation of the Website and/or of its business) or data processors.
Personal information supplied by you or collected from you as a result of your access to or use of the Website:
- is retained by MPS for as long as the purpose for which the data was collected continues. The personal information will subsequently be destroyed or de-identified from you unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect MPS’ interests; and
- may be transferred to overseas facilities used by MPS for processing or storage of its records. By using the Website, you hereby consent to such transfers.
MPS may anonymise any information collected from you (so as not to contain unique identifiers e.g. NRIC number/passport number, or which when taken together, shall not identify you personally), and/or aggregate data of specific criteria, and share the anonymised information and/or aggregated anonymous data with third parties.
In order to improve the service offering at the Website, MPS may use automated tracking devices (e.g. a cookie which is a small amount of data that MPS’ server sends to your web browser when you visit certain parts of the Website and the use of which is intended to assist MPS’ understanding of your interests in the Website). You can disable cookies from being stored on your computer by changing your browser settings but it may result in a limited experience of the functionality and services on the Website and in some cases may mean that MPS is unable to provide you with the services, or parts of the services, that you have requested.
Updated as at 10-October-2016