Access to, and use of, www.globalhealthandtravel.com ("Website") are subject to these terms and conditions in addition to other terms applicable to specific services offered on the Website. In accessing the Website, or registering to become a member of the Website, you are deemed to have:
- read, and agreed to be bound by, these terms and conditions which supersede all proposals, prior agreements oral or written, and all other communications between Media Plus Services Pte Ltd (“MPS”) and you in respect of your use of the Website; and
- represented to MPS that you are at least 18 years old and have the power and authority to enter into a legally binding contract with MPS.
MPS reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify without prior notice these terms and conditions and any information contained on the Website.
You agree and acknowledge that (i) your use of the Website is solely for personal use and not for trading or other commercial use, (ii) your use of the Website is at your sole risk, (iii) the Website may include certain information taken from various external sources and MPS does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of any service offered at the Website, (iv) MPS and/or third-party contributors to the Website may choose at any time to inhibit or prohibit their content from being accessed under the Website, (v) none of the information contained on or provided to you through the Website constitutes an opinion, endorsement or recommendation by MPS of any medical treatment, product, or person, (vi) you shall not submit, upload or transfer to MPS any unauthorised files, codes (including viruses), documents and information in using any services offered on the Website, and (vii) you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of, and all activities carried out under, your member account, and shall immediately notify MPS of any unauthorised use of your member account and unless the contrary is proved, all communications and activities occurring under or referable to your member account shall be deemed to have been validly carried out or authorised by you, and you shall be liable for all costs, fees, and expenses arising from any communication and activity occurring under or referable thereto.
All intellectual property rights (including copyright and trademarks contained in, relating to, or in connection with, the Website (including texts, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software) are owned by MPS or its licensors. No material provided through the Website may be reproduced, modified, adapted, distributed, published, posted, transmitted, uploaded, or hyperlinked in any manner and in any form without MPS
The Website contains links to other third party owned and operated websites and MPS is not responsible for the availability, content, or accuracy of other sites, services, or goods that may be linked to the Website. MPS accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use thereof. The Website also carries advertisements (“Advertisements”) of medical practitioners, healthcare professionals and other service providers (“Advertisers”). All information associated with an Advertisement is provided by the Advertiser and MPS does not in any way endorse any Advertisement. You are solely responsible for accessing any Advertisements and any reliance you may place on such Advertisements is done solely at your own risk. MPS takes no responsibility and assume no liability for any Advertisement on the Website nor for the accuracy of any information contained therein or associated therewith.
The information provided on each healthcare package at our website is solely for general information, and does not constitute advice on health screening or examinations. Neither should it be construed as an offer or solicitation for such health services by Global Health and Travel. The information does not have regard to any specific need of any person. If you are unsure whether health package or which type of health screening would be suitable to meet your needs, please seek advice first from your doctor or the relevant healthcare centre. Otherwise, you may end up signing up for packages which may not meet your expectations or needs. The services are provided by healthcare centres who are independent contractors and are not employed by nor an agent of Global Health and Travel. Global Health and Travel is not liable to any person in respect of the information or its use, including any inaccuracy, misrepresentation, error or omission in, or any decision made in reliance on the information.
MPS PROVIDES THE WEBSITE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND MAKES NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE WEBSITE INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORT QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE. NOR DOES MPS MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE IS COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR EQUIPMENT OR THAT ANY SERVICES OR E-MAIL SENT BY MPS IS FREE OF ERROR OR VIRES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSE OR ANY OTHER HARMFUL, INVASIVE, OR CORRUPTED FILES. MPS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF SUCH DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES, OR BY YOUR USE/RELIANCE ON THE SERVICES AND INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITE. NOR IS MPS AND ITS AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF MONEY, GOODWILL, REPUTATION OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES.
GLOBAL HEALTH & TRAVEL REGISTERED USER AGREEMENT
1. You may become a registered user of www.globalhealthandtravel.com ("Website") at no cost. For purposes hereof, the term “Member” includes all registered users, unless where its usage indicates otherwise. Your online request to MPS to become a Member is an irrevocable offer from you to MPS, and upon acceptance by MPS, shall form a legally binding contract between you and MPS on the terms hereof in respect of your use of the Website and the Services. By submitting such online request to Media Plus Services Pte Ltd (“MPS”), you are deemed to have represented to MPS as follows:
(a) You are at least 18 years old, with the full power and authority to enter into a legally binding contract with MPS.
2. As a Member, you will have the ability to use and participate in all the features and services available on the Website (“Services”), which include bookings for appointments with any medical practitioner/healthcare professional (“Registered Medical Providers”), and with any third party (“Registered Non-Medical Providers”), listed on the Website. As part of the Services provided, MPS shall send you emails to notify you of articles or materials that may interest you but you may unsubscribe by contacting MPS or using the unsubscribe option in the email updates that are forwarded to you.
3. MPS only assists you to book the relevant Services you may require from the selected Registered Medical Providers and/or Registered Non-Medical Providers. A 'booking' means any order for any Services you make through the Website which is confirmed by MPS. When you make a booking through the Website:
(a) you authorise MPS to act as your representative to engage the Registered Provider and/or Registered Non-Medical Provider, including making payment there to in your name and on your behalf, as required, for which MPS is entitled to charge you with a service fee, depending on your booking;
(b) after you confirm your booking, you shall receive a confirmation email with a booking number at which point a legally binding contract in relation to the products and services that you have ordered shall come into existence between you and the selected Registered Provider and/or Registered Non-Medical Provider, as the case may be. MPS is not a party to that contract, unless explicitly provided otherwise herein, and MPS also in no way influences the conclusion or the content of the contract. Nor does MPS make any warranty about the quality of service or treatment from any of the selected Registered Medical Providers and/or Registered Non-Medical Providers whom you subsequently decide to engage; and
(c) the confirmation email shall also provide all the details of your booking(s), including any travel itinerary. MPS shall check that your booking has been correctly entered in the booking system of the selected Registered Provider and/or Registered Non-Medical Provider, and that your payment can be correctly processed. You acknowledge that the delivery of any product or service pursuant to your booking shall be subject to your payment having been received in cleared funds.
(d) All transactions once completed and confirmed are not exchangeable or refundable under any circumstances. No refunds or exchanges of any kind will be entertained.
4. MPS processes all payments made through its platform via a third party payment provider. In order to secure a booking with the selected Registered Medical Provider and/or Registered Non-Medical Provider, MPS may require you to provide a credit card deposit (“Deposit”) or a down payment (“Down Payment”), on behalf of the selected Registered Medical Provider and/or Registered Non-Medical Provider. The Deposit shall be cancelled or the Down Payment shall be refunded in full if any selected Registered Medical Provider determines that you are not eligible for the treatment, or in case of natural catastrophes (e.g. earthquakes or wars), or in case of death (automatic cancellation). If you cancel the appointment where none of the aforesaid events apply, MPS shall charge a cancellation fee to be deducted from the Deposit or the Down Payment.
5. MPS reserves the right to cancel your booking if MPS has reasonable grounds to believe it is fraudulent, and under such circumstances, MPS shall attempt to contact you, using the email address you provided at the time of booking, or your bank. If MPS is unable to contact you or your bank, it may cancel your booking with no liability whatsoever.
6. MPS may temporarily suspend or terminate your user account without any prior notice upon the occurrence of any of following events:
(a) In the event of unauthorised use of your user account to access any Services or if you have or incorrectly entered your password on more occasions than permitted by MPS.
(b) If you fail to make payment of applicable fees and charges by the specified payment date.
(c) If you have proceedings filed against you including seizure, provisional seizure, provisional injunction, execution, or bankruptcy, or you file for such proceedings.
(d) If you breach any term of the Member Agreement.
(e) If MPS deems you to be ineligible/no longer eligible to be a Member for any reason.
7. MPS further reserves the right to investigate and suspend/terminate your user account if you have misused the Services or behaved in a way which could be regarded as inappropriate or whose conduct is unlawful or illegal. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the type of actions that you may not engage in with respect to the Services:
(a) You shall not post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior consent of the owner of such proprietary rights.
(b) You shall not remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices on the Website.
(c) You shall not interfere with or disrupt the Services or the site or the servers or networks connected to the Website.
(d) You shall not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Services.
(e) You shall not “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Services or the Website without MPS’ prior written consent.
(f) You shall not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, data mine or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website and the Services.
(g) You shall not post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment.
(h) You shall not use meta-tags or code or other devices containing any reference to MPS, the Services or the Website in order to direct any person to any other web site for any purpose.
(i) You shall not modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Services or the Website or any software used on or for the Services or cause others to do so.
(j) You shall not provide inaccurate, misleading or false information to MPS or to any other Member. If information provided to MPS or another Member subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false, you shall promptly notify MPS of such change.
(k) You shall not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members. This includes but is not limited to solicitation or advertising to buy or sell any products or services through the Services or to attend parties orother social functions or networking for commercial purposes, or transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members.
8. You are solely responsible for the following:
(a) You must maintain confidentiality of your username and password that you designate during the user registration process, and for all activities that occur under your user account. You agree to immediately notify MPS of any unauthorized use of your user account or any other breach of security. You should use particular caution when accessing your user account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
(b) You are liable for any payments chargeable under your user account. MPS reserves the right to suspend or terminate the provision of the Services if payment information is found at any time to be inaccurate or incomplete. MPS shall not be responsible for any fee incurred due to your use of credit card in connection with any payments here under and taxes, including withholding tax, sales tax, services tax, value-added tax (VAT) or goods and services tax (GST) imposed by any government entity in respect of the Services.
(c) MPS may include certain services that are available via your mobile phone (“Mobile Services”). You should check your mobile carrier's normal messaging, data and other rates and fees which may apply and for which you are solely liable. In addition, downloading, installing, or using certain Mobile Services may be prohibited or restricted by your carrier, and not all Mobile Services may work with all carriers or devices. You should check with your carrier to find out if the Mobile Services are available in respect of your mobile devices, and what restrictions, if any, may be applicable to your use of the Mobile Services on your mobile devices.
9. MPS appreciates your feedback on the Services and/or any Registered Medical Provider and Registered Non-Medical Provider which can be submitted to the Website by electronic mail and e-postings at the Website, (“Member Postings”). In respect of your Member Postings, you hereby grant MPS an exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, transferable and irrevocable licence to (a) use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, publish, create derivative works from and publicly display your Member Postings throughout the world in any media, now known or hereafter devised; and (b) use the name that you submit in connection with your Member Postings. You represent that your Member Postings are non-confidential, non-proprietary, and do not breach any third party’s
rights. You further agree that Member Postings of the other Members at the Website not monitored for accuracy, completeness, thoroughness or timeliness, and do not constitute medical advice or recommendation of any kind. MPS reserves the right for any reason in its sole discretion to remove without notice any Member Postings at the Website.
10. The Website contains copyrighted material, trademarks, and other information proprietary to MPS and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given written permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information. Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Services, but notdirectly by MPS are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors aresolely responsible for such content. MPS does not (a) guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Services, or (b) adopt, endorse or accept responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by any party that appears on the Website. Under no circumstances shall MPS or its affiliates be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted on the Website or transmitted to or by any other Members.
11. (a) YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF AND RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE IS SOLELY FOR PERSONAL USE AND NOT FOR TRADING/COMMERCIAL USE, AND THAT MPS DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL SERVICES, MEDICAL ADVICE OR HEALTHCARE SERVICES OF ANY SORT, AND NOTHING STATED OR POSTED ON THE WEBSITE SHOULD BE INTERPRETED AS SUCH. MPS DOES NOT RECOMMEND OR ENDORSE ANY OF THE REGISTERED MEDICAL PROVIDERS AND REGISTERED NON-MEDICAL PROVIDER. IF YOU RELY ON ANY INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEBSITE, YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
(b) THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR LIABILITY WHATSOEVER. MPS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AS TO QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NOR DOES MPS WARRANT THAT (I)THE SERVICES SHALL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR SHALL BE ERROR-FREE OR TIMELY; (II)ANY INFORMATION TRANSMITTED OVER THE INTERNET IS TOTALLY SECURE. YOU WAIVE AND AGREE NOT TO ASSERT ANY CLAIMS OR ALLEGATIONS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER AGAINST MPS ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICES.
(c) WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, MPS AND ITS AGENTS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSS, COST OR EXPENSE, INCLUDING FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES, AND WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE SUFFERED BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY AS A RESULT OF (I) AN ACTION BROUGHT BY A THIRD PARTY EVEN IF SUCH LOSS WAS REASONABLY FORESEEABLE OR MPS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY SUFFERING OR INCURRING THE SAME; (II) THE RELIANCE OR USE OF ANY INFORMATION IN ANY ASSIST REPORT OR THE ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS OR COMPLETENESS THEREOF; OR (III) ANY ERRORS, INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER OCCURRENCES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF ANY FORM OF COMMUNICATIONS OR OTHER FACILITIES NOT PROVIDED BY MPS.
(d) IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, MPS INCURS ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY LAW, MPS’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICTLIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THE WEBSITE ANDTHE SERVICES SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED SINGAPORE DOLLARS.
12. Without limitation to Clause 11 above, MPS shall have no liability to you for any loss, damage, cost or expense arising from or in connection with the Member Agreement unless you have served notice on MPS within one (1)year from the date the event giving rise to the cause of action arose.
13. You agree to indemnify and hold MPS, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website and the Services, and any violation of the Member Agreement or of any law or the rights of any third party.
14. MPS reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify without prior notice the Member Agreement from time to time, such modifications to take effect immediately upon posting on the Website. It is your responsibility to check the Website for modifications from time to time. By using or continuing to use the Website or the Services after posting of such modifications, you agree to be bound by the Member Agreement as modified. MPS further reserves the right in its sole discretion to discontinue, terminate or suspend, in whole or in part, any Services.
16. The Website and the Services are offered based on Singapore laws and regulations and may not satisfy the laws of any other country. MPS does not warrant that the Website and the Services shall satisfy the laws of any country other than Singapore. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you hereby agree to ensure your own compliance with any laws and regulations as applicable to you or your use of the Services. With respect to any disputes or claims not subject to arbitration (as set forth below), you agree not to commence or prosecute any action in connection therewith other than in the courts of Singapore, and you hereby consent to, and waive alld efenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to, venue and jurisdiction in the courts of Singapore.
17. By using the Services, you agree that the sole and exclusive forum and remedy for any and all disputes and claims relating in any way to or arising out of the Member Agreement shall be final and binding arbitration, except to theextent that either you have in any manner infringed upon or violated or threatened to infringe upon or violate MPS’ patent, copyright, trademark or trade secret rights, then you acknowledge that arbitration is not an adequate remedy at law and that injunctive or other appropriate relief may be sought. Such arbitration shall be conducted inthe English language in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre(“SIAC Rules”) for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this Clause,except in so far as the SIAC Rules conflict with the express provisions hereof, in which event the provisions hereof shall prevail. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of one (1) arbitrator to be appointed by mutual agreement between you and MPS. If no agreement is reached within fourteen (14) days after receipt by one (1) party of such a proposal from the other, the arbitrator shall be appointed by the Chairman of SIAC. You undertake to keep the arbitration proceedings and all information, pleadings, documents, evidence and all matters relating thereto confidential.
SUBSCRIPTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Subscription Terms and Conditions form part of the MPS Member Agreement between the subscriber (“you”) and Media Plus Services Pte Ltd (“MPS”), which terms are deemed incorporated herein by reference, and together, they shall govern your subscription to use all digital products and services offered by MPS, including articles, magazines and publications at www.globalhealthandtravel.com (“Website”) or through various third party platforms and devices (e.g. mobile and tablet) (“Subscription”). MPS has the right to amend these terms from time to time by posting any amendments on the Website, and you agree to be bound by any such amendments. Words and expressions defined in the Membership Agreement that are not specifically defined hereinunder shall have the same meaning defined in the Membership Agreement.
1. You confirm that you are a registered user of the Website and agree to the MPS Membership Agreement, as may be amended from time to time.
2. You confirm that the information provided in your application for the Subscription is true and correct at the point of submission and undertake to promptly inform MPS if there are any changes to such information. You have also authorised and consent to MPS collecting, using and disclosing to the relevant banks the credit card / bank account details for the purposes of processing your payment of the subscription and delivery fees prevailing from time to time and due to MPS in accordance with these terms.
3. The fees for your Subscription (“Subscription Fees”) are billed at the beginning of your Subscription and any renewal. GST shall be calculated using the rate applicable for the date or period of the charge. More information about GST is available at Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore’s website at www.iras.gov.sg. The Subscription Fees and charges thereunder are non-refundable unless exceptional circumstances apply (e.g., bereavement). If timely payment of the Subscription Fees or other payments due from you are not made for any reason, or if you breach any other terms applicable to your Subscription, MPS may, without prejudice to its rights and remedies at law to recover any sums due from you, suspend or terminate your Subscription without further notice or obligation to you, and you may be subject to the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees.
4. If you have subscribed for an annual subscription, your Subscription shall continue and be renewed automatically on a yearly basis until you expressly instruct MPS that you wish to terminate your subscription by providing MPS with at least 30 days’ notice in writing prior to the expiry of the relevant annual package.
5. All intellectual property rights, including copyright, all material contained on, in, or available in connection with the Subscription, including information, data, text, photographs and graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code, software compilations and other material (“MPS Material") are owned by or licensed to MPS or its group companies. All rights are reserved.
6. You can view, print or download extracts of the MPS Material for your own personal use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the MPS Material without MPS’ prior written consent. You must not frame or link to the Website or the MPS Material or any part of it without MPS’ permission. While you may occasionally download and store articles for your personal use, you may not otherwise provide others with access to such articles. You may not create apps, extensions, or other products and services that use any MPS Material without MPS’ permission. You may not aggregate or otherwise use any MPS Material in a manner that could reasonably serve as a substitute for a subscription to the MPS Material. In addition, you may not use any MPS Material you have downloaded for personal use to develop or operate an automated trading system or for data or text mining. You agree not to rearrange or modify any MPS Material, or display, post, frame, or scrape any MPS Material for use on another website, app, blog, product or service, or create any derivative work based on or containing any MPS Material, except as otherwise expressly permitted by MPS. You further agree to abide by exclusionary protocols that may be used in connection with your Subscription and shall not circumvent any restrictions imposed on your use or access to any MPS Material. The foregoing does not apply to any sharing functionality MPS offers to its Members at the Website that expressly allows Members to share articles or links to articles with others.
7. You further agree not to use your Subscription or MPS Material for any unlawful purpose. MPS reserves the right to terminate or restrict your Subscription if in MPS’ opinion, your use thereof may violate any laws, regulations or rulings, infringe upon another person's rights, or violate any terms hereof. Any unauthorized or prohibited use of any MPS Material may subject you to civil liability, criminal prosecution, or both, under applicable laws and regulations.
8. From time to time, MPS, its advertisers and/or other parties may conduct promotions and other activities on, through or in connection with the services offered on the Website (e.g. contests and sweepstakes) (“Promotions”). In some case, you may be able to win a prize (“Prize”) as part of a Promotion. Each Promotion may have additional terms and/or rules or eligibility requirements which shall be posted or otherwise made available to you in connection therewith in accordance with applicable laws.
9. You agree that MPS’ decision on all matters or disputes relating to or in connection with your Subscription and any matters ancillary thereto (including without limitation payment, delivery, promotions or eligibility requirements) are final, and conclusive on you.